Single-Ply Adhesives & Primers
Apollo Roofing's single-ply range consists of high-performance polyurethane adhesives for fleece membranes, whilst our non-backed adhesives have been formulated to account for the properties of each specific membrane (PVC, TPO, EPDM & more). We also have a range of primers, developed to improve the adhesion properties of a wide range of substrates.
Various application systems are available to suit need and budget, including traditional tin-applied products and spray-applied products.
What are Single-Ply Roofing Membranes?
Roofing membranes form the upper layer of single-ply roofing systems, providing a watertight, aesthetically pleasing appearance and protection against the elements.
Single-ply membranes are strong, flexible sheets predominantly formed of synthetic polymers. They are sealed at the seams to form a continuous waterproofing layer. Combined with an insulation layer, they provide durable and efficient roofing systems.
Single-ply membranes are flexible, easy to install and cost effective, making them an ideal choice for both new build and refurbishment projects.
Single-Ply Membrane Types
Single-ply membranes are supplied in both unbacked and fleece-backed varieties. Each type has specific properties that affect how it can be adhered.
The main polymer types of single-ply membranes are:
The different roofing membranes require specific adhesives tailored to their unique characteristics. We work together with system suppliers to ensure the compatibility of the adhesive and membrane. It is imperative that the adhesive used has been selected by the membrane manufacturer or supplier, as these products have been tested. Not using the specified adhesive risks the warranty being invalid, as well as giving unknown performance.
Benefits of Adhering Single-Ply Membranes
Fully adhered roofing systems attach the membrane through the use of powerful adhesives, without piercing the membrane. This secures the membrane across the entire roofing assembly. Adhered single-ply roofs have been proven to be high-performing and long-lasting, offering many benefits:
- Aesthetically attractive: They lay flat and there are no visible fixings, making them the ideal choice for roofs that are in public view or where aesthetics are important.
- Flexibility: There are unlimited design possibilities – they can be used on a wide range of roof types, including those with irregular shapes or on complex projects.
- Longevity and Performance: They have been tested and proven over time and contain no mechanical fasteners which can be stressed under certain environmental conditions.
- Wind Up-Lift Resistance: They have proven high wind up-lift ratings.
- No Fluttering: They secure the membrane across entire roofing assembly and don’t penetrate the membrane.
Why Apollo Roofing?
Utilising our technical and chemistry expertise, with our onsite experience, enables us to create the single-ply membrane adhesive products you need to allow you to focus on what you do best; specifying and supplying waterproofing systems.
- Supplying single-ply membrane adhesives and ancillary products in excess of 25 years.
- First UK adhesive manufacturer to independently test for resistance to wind uplift.
- Products developed and tailored to suit the specific properties of each single ply membrane.
View our range of products below.
Adhesives & Primers for Fleece-Backed Membranes
FleeceBond adhesives and self-adhered primers, developed specifically for securely bonding fleece-backed membranes. Various technologies and application systems available.View products
Adhesives & Primers for PVC Membranes
MemBond adhesives chemically formulated for the unique properties of non-backed PVC membrane, as well as high-performance primers. Various technologies and application systems available.View products
Adhesives & Primers for EPDM Membranes
Water-based and contact MemBond adhesives available, each developed to suit specific EPDM project types and to provide excellent adhesion. High-performance primers also available with various application systems.View products