We understand that our actions have a far-reaching-impact and strive to be socially responsible by going the extra mile for all our stakeholders.
We aim to strike a balance between economic business success, social responsibility and reducing our environmental impact, by creating value for our customers, company and the local community.
Our strategy is implemented through the entire value chain from product development and production, supplier choice, customer partnerships, supporting the local community, to employee development and local engagement.
At Apollo, we are committed to investing in our people and local area. We support the local society by employing locally; over two-thirds of our staff live within Staffordshire.
- The education and development of staff is important. We ensure our employees are equipped with the skills and knowledge to perform effectively and drive the business forward. We offer many development, training and qualification opportunities for employees at all levels.
- We provide career opportunities for local people. We host work experience for students and are committed to taking on new apprentices each year.
- We offer many benefits for our employees to ensure their positive wellbeing, all which help to contribute to a happier and healthier society.
- We offer a health scheme through Health Shield that contributes to/reimburses employee costs for everyday healthcare.
- Our ‘Employee Assist Programme’ (EAP) provides support for personal or professional problems, which could be affecting employees’ home or work life, health and general wellbeing. EAP is provided by a third-party offering confidential support, information services and counselling if required.
- We have employees trained as Mental Health First Aiders, who have a deep understanding of what factors can affect wellbeing and how to spot the signs of mental illness.
- Apollo values and protects the safety of all our stakeholders; through product testing, demonstrations, training and support.
- A number of our products are put through extensive independent and internal testing to ensure they’re safe, including wind uplift and fire testing as part of full systems build-ups; this helps to ensure the installed roof is secure and exceeds fire safety standards.
- Extensive training is offered by our Technical Department to ensure our customers use our products in the most safe and sustainable manner.
- Our Compliance Department is committed to ensuring that we have, communicate and act in accordance with the most up-to-date compliance information.
Reducing Environmental Impact
We hold the ISO 14001 certificate for Environmental Management. In fact, we were one of the first UK adhesive manufacturers to receive this certification. This means we continuously look to reduce our environmental footprint and improve operational efficiency by encouraging continual improvement throughout all our departments.
- Roofing adhesive technology promotes the longevity of a roof. Rather than ripping up the existing roof, adhesives allow systems to be overlaid on top.
- Our experienced Development Chemists have developed high-performing solvent-free products, as an alternative solution to solvent-based.
- We have developed a roofing adhesive and primer canister range, which helps lower solvent emissions due to their high coverage rates.
- Our Purchasing Department work closely with outside suppliers to ensure that, wherever possible, the packaging in which we supply products is made of recycled material. We also return as many of our used IBC containers as we can for recycling and reconditioning, offering savings in steel, plastic and carbon emissions compared to the production of new.
- Our Compliance Department works to constantly reduce solvent-based waste. Additionally, all non-hazardous waste is treated and recycled to ensure minimal waste goes to landfill from any area of our operations.
- Our Production team helps to reduce the total amount of solvent Apollo consumes each day by reusing it to wash out reactors.
- The materials used in our labs are put through a thorough approval process to ensure that materials selected follow assessment criteria and align with the company core values of Safety, Care and Trust.
To be sustainable, Apollo must be profitable. APRS strikes a balance between environmental sustainability, social responsibility and business success to ensure a sustainable business for all our stakeholders.
The most sustainable manufacturing methods will not be the most profitable, and the most environmentally friendly products will not be the best performing. New products are developed to combine high performance and improved sustainability, and are assessed by strict health & safety, performance and environmental criteria.
The investment in the health and the development of employees further improves business success, ensuring our staff have up to date skills.